4.30.2011

...we'll escape to Moab

Dave had some work to do in Moab, so I tagged along. It was the first vacation taken since graduation (two days before); therefore, worry free. What an amazing feeling! We arrived Monday just after the Easter Jeep Safari, so the town was pretty calm, which is the way I like it. We rode out North of town on a ride called Monitor and Merrimac. It's an easy ride--good for beginners like me and really pretty. 


Dave in front of Courthouse Rock


Monitor and Merrimac were civil war ironclad warships and the buttes in the distance kinda do look like warships.






It was sprinkling on us the whole ride, but we made it to the car just before it started pouring rain. Phew! I was also a little nervous of lightening because we were very exposed on the slick rock. Dave kept trying to race me as an attempt to make me peddle faster--a trick that works on kids, but I saw right through it. Besides, I was already peddling my fastest!


Dave and me trying to get a picture without looking awkward and definitely succeeding.

2 comments:

  1. I just don't understand why we never hang out?! I love your blog by the way, and I'm jealous of your Moab trip. Let's play soon please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the video. How did Dave pedal faster than that? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete