3.09.2011

...you're singing your way to Nashville

Dave has been singing lately. Not in a choir, not with a guitar, and not even really out loud. More just under his breath. I caught him singing this the other morning:
     
     Doe a deer... (long pause)... I call myself...
     I burst out laughing and he looks at me, "What?" he says with a hurt look on his face.
     "Nothing, please, keep singing!"
     Ray, a pot of golden sun
     Tea, a letter in the alphabet...
    
I start giggling again and he stops abruptly, continuing to do his work in silence with an annoyed look on his face. If only I had kept my mouth shut I could have heard the rest of this excellent and improved rendition of Do Re Mi.

Don't mind my giggles darlin. You'll soon be a lyricist in Nashville if you keep this up.







2 comments:

  1. Katie-I didn't know you had a blog. It was fun "catching up" on your life reading it. All the skiing posts remind me of the lessons we took years ago!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dave singing? Wow, I wish I could've heard that! I'm sure it was a grand rendition of Do-Re-Mi :)

    ReplyDelete