1.07.2012

...we've checked off the Oakley Trail

I had heard about the Oakley Trail from multiple people, so Dave, Anne, and I decided to check it out. It has a lot of switchbacks and kind of reminds me of hiking to the Y in Provo. Probably not as steep though. It has great views of the Kamas Valley and from the summit a great view of Swifts Canyon.





Can you believe how brown the valley is? This is January 2! I can see myself pulling up these shots in 30 years and telling my kids about the non-winter of 2011. Just how Dad has been telling us about the non-winter of '76 this year. 

I should have pulled out our camera Anne--so we could see you! Thanks for the pics :)

1 comment:

  1. This winter really is crazy. I have never seen so much brown in Tahoe in January. Sorry I'm so lame about responding your email. Miss seeing you!

    ReplyDelete