12.29.2011

...you're a x-country ski addict

We skied the Beaver Creek Trail up Mirror Lake Highway on Christmas Eve morning. Dave and I both have new cross-country ski setups and were excited to try them out. The snow was fast and our new skis slick, so we had quite the time.


First, we had to cross a frozen river that was a pure sheet of ice. Luckily no falling there. At the top of the first hill I breathed a sigh of relief because I hadn't taken a spill through all the treachery, when suddenly I was on the ground! My skis had come right out from under me. I laughed because my doctor had warned me about downhill skiing, but never cross-country. And I always fall way more when cross-country skiing.


Dave fell three times to my one and once it was in front of two ladies who asked him if he was okay. That was pretty funny. I like doing a sport with Dave that he isn't a pro at already. He may become a pro soon though because on Monday he x-country skied 13 miles. That's what happens when the snow on the downhill slopes is non-existent!

No comments:

Post a Comment