12.05.2011

...we're finally getting the holiday spirit

Since we've been married, Dave and I haven't decorated, or really even done much to celebrate a single holiday. Our house was feeling so drab and lonely compared to others with Christmas lights and trees. So, on Saturday we went to Home Depot and voila! A cozy Christmas home.



Home Depot was giving away pine branches they had trimmed from trees. That's what we made the mantle piece garland from. Our tree for this year is this little Norfolk Island Pine with two ornaments on it (it came with one). I guess we need some more ornaments :)



Dave wanted me to just gather all our decorations from the forest. But I convinced him we at least needed some Christmas lights. While getting those, we ended up with everything else! I was happy about that because it's been cold up here the last couple days.

2 comments:

  1. so fun. merry christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is lovely. I love how you are always outside and having adventures. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete