6.15.2011

...summertime and the livin's easy

We arrived at the lodge on June 7 just before midnight. It was so fun to see Mom and Dad and get out of the car. The river is high...so it's time to fish!







We caught a small walleye and kept it in this bucket full of water. Drew reeled him in. The kayaking rally is happening next week so Mom and Dad need lots of fish for the fish fry.


On top of fishing we've made sauna runs, played baseball, and I'm even reading a book. It's not all play though--we've cleaned three cabins, gathered firewood, washed many dishes, and helped fix the dirt road. I even hid from my dad when he started mowing the lawn--not wanting to be recruited. I was relieved when Jenny informed me she had already volunteered to help mow. She's exponentially more mature than I am. 

1 comment:

  1. Everyone who knows you is LUCKY!
    Love you. And your life.

    ReplyDelete