4.27.2011

...Spring has sprung in Cali

Dave assures me it is not always beautiful in Placerville. But I don't believe him. Every time I've gone, it looks like this:


Flowers and green and magnificent rivers and valleys.




On the way from California to Utah on I-80, if you're going to stop at the Chevron in Lovelock, don't! There is an old gas station called Two Stiff's Selling Gas on their main street. It's cheaper and quite lovely. I experienced a tender moment here when an old cowboy with boots and a white mustache walked bowlegged out to the bed of his truck, lovingly scratched his old hound's head for a full five minutes, slowly made his way to the driver's seat, and then drove off at 10 mph. 



Maybe there is something nice in Lovelock?

1 comment:

  1. I cannot believe you wrote about Lovelock on your blog. Made my day. I'm making that drive on Saturday, and I will have to stop by this gas station. Hope you enjoy the rest of your visit.

    ReplyDelete