2.25.2011

...can we, can we live in Narragansett Bay?

Do you have an ultimate dream home? This is mine. A 103 year old timber home with enormous windows that look out on 360 degrees of ocean. The Clingstone House was designed by J.S. Lovering Wharton and artist William Trost Richards. It has solar panels, a wind turbine, rainwater recycling, seawater filtration systems, and composting toilets. It also has 23 rooms, which is not necessary for my dream home.




I want a table like this in my home. One really long solid piece of wood with room for a large number of guests. I might get the table, but I don't think the views will be replicable...yet.


What a wonderful nook. A perfect place to write memoirs on past adventures.


Living on water makes me happy. I can tell whether the wind is coming from the north or the south, see how big the raindrops are that hit the surface of the water, and be reminded that the elements exist--something that's easy to forget when living in the city. Lucky, lucky Henry Wood and his family who live on this island in Narragansett Bay.

4 comments:

  1. Great find! And great link to lots of other great finds. When you live in that house in Narragansett Bay we will sail out and visit you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll visit you every day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No need to come visit, the house has 23 rooms. We can all live there together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this place seems a little boring! The island needs to be bigger!!!

    ReplyDelete