12.24.2010

...do you want to move to the Salt Flats?





The salt flats were stunning as we drove to California for Christmas vacation. They are always mysterious, but I've never seen them quite so beautiful. The pics do not give justice to the beautiful day. As we drove I felt like we could be in Tajikistan or somewhere similarly exotic.  Metaphor: Tree of Utah has always intrigued me. So I finally looked it up. I like it. And I like the salt flats. I also really like this last shot of the sculpture by Declan McCullagh.

1 comment:

  1. The picture with the mountains reflecting off the water is amazing. Yesterday morning at the Ghee was like that. More amazing than pictures or words can say. I thought it appropriate to be relishing the Lord's creations surrounding the time we celebrate his birth. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete